The teaching interests are in:
Secure, Fault-Tolerant, and Survivable Systems; Distributed
Agreement; Reliability Modeling; and Network Communication.
- Computer Architecture (CSCI 4350) - Summer 2017
- MW Section (1:30 - 4:50), Computer Architecture (CSCI 4350) - Summer 2017
- Grade sheet
- Homework 1 (due Mond May 22 in class)
- Homework 2 (due Mond May 24 in class)
- Top View of Computer Function & Interconnection
- Cache Memory
The coverage is Introduction, Top view of computer function & interconnection, Cache memory (slides <= 27).
The exam is closed book, howerver,
a single cheat-sheet is allowed (you can use either/both sides, typed or handwritten).
Bring a calculator if you wish to use one (no cell phones).
There will be about 12 questions, of which some will be essay/short answer questions, and the rest problem solving
Fault Tolerant Distributed Systems (CSCI 8610) - Spring 2017, M 5:30 - 8:10
- Graduate Project Description ,
- IEEE manuscript templates ,
- Introduction Part A ,
- Samples of past projects to provide you with a better sense when working on your proposal, project, or writing the final report: (PLEASE do not take it lightly - It is a VERY important component of the course)
- Some project topic areas that you might be interested in
- Some useful links
- Introduction Part B ,
- Redundancy Techniques ,
- Petrinet Modeling ,
- Dependability Evaluation Techniques
- Homework 1 (due Feb 20 in class) )
- Half-adder Petri net example
- Byzantine Agreement ,
- SAN model for TMR
- Homework 2 (due Feb 27 in class) )
- Homework 3 (due Feb 27 in class) )